Recent findings from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) have shown that worker productivity has continued to steadily rise since 1959. However, there is more that businesses can do to maximise this productivity and minimise losses due to lost working days and other types of waste in a business environment.
This course will equip learners with a detailed understanding of the lean management system and how to implement business improvement techniques and employ effective team work in a business.
No previous knowledge and experience are required; however, minimum level 1 English skills would be beneficial for completion of assessments.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks||There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria which will be explained during enrolment.|
You will be added to our Equal platform where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit. All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You should be able to work at a Level 1 in Functional Skills.
This is a 16 week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
This course is ideal for learners who wish to increase their awareness and understanding of the lean management system and the features of a lean environment. The qualification is suitable for learners aged 19 or above.
Unit 1: Lean organisation techniques in business:
- Section 1: The features of a lean environment
- Section 2: Performing a productivity needs analysis
- Section 3: Devising a map of a process
Unit 2: Business improvement techniques:
- Section 1: The principles of the Kaizen strategy
- Section 2: The principles underpinning organisation of a business environment
- Section 3: Using visual indicators to make improvements to the work environment
- Section 4: Eliminating variance from workplace processes
Unit 3: Effective team work in business:
- Section 1: The features of an effective team
- Section 2: Working effectively within a team
- Section 3: What is required of a team leader
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed