Over the past few years, the events industry has been steadily growing. According to Eventbrite, 67% of event organisers expect their events to grow in the number of attendees the next year and 39% of those who work in corporate events expect their budgets to increase.
The objective of the qualification is to introduce learners to the skills that are required to plan, organise and evaluate events by developing their knowledge and understanding. Areas covered include marketing methods and resources, market research, human resources, communication and customer service relevant to events.
No previous knowledge and experience are required; however, minimum level 1 English skills would be beneficial for completion of assessments.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks||There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria which will be explained during enrolment.|
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit.
All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You should be able to work at a Level 1 in Functional Skills.
This is a 16-week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
The qualification is suitable for a wide range of learners who wish to develop knowledge and understanding of planning and running an event. It may be useful as an introduction for those who wish to pursue a career as an event planner or for those working in or preparing for a wide range of job roles in diverse sectors which require them to plan and organise events as part of their responsibilities.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 or above.
Unit 1: Planning an event:
- Section 1: The extent of the events industry
- Section 2: The scope of the event planner role
- Section 3: Planning an event
- Section 4: Planning for contingencies
- Section 5: The need for health, safety and security measures.
Unit 2: Reviewing and evaluating an event:
- Section 1: The importance of review and evaluation
- Section 2: The sources of information available for evaluating an event
- Section 3: The range of tool available for event evaluation
- Section 4: Planning the evaluation of an event.
Unit 3: Marketing and market research for event planning:
-Section 1: Understand why market research is important
- Section 2: The methods and resources available for marketing
- Section 3: Planning the marketing of an event.
Unit 4: Planning human resources for events:
- Section 1: Understand how an event is managed
- Section 2: Understand the team which contribute to an event
- Section 3: Understand the human resource requirements for an event
Unit 5: Communication and customer service for events:
- Section 1: Understand the importance of communication at events
- Section 2: Understand equality and diversity in relation to events
- Section 3: Understand why customer service is important at an event
- Section 4: Produce guidance on expected standards of customer service for staff use
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed