In the UK today there are a large number of people living with a common health condition. These conditions have varying effects upon individuals, but they all require continual management to minimise the effect they have on an individual’s day to day life.
By completing this course you will not only gain an awareness of the signs, symptoms and treatments available for a variety of common health conditions, but you will also learn how to care for individuals and enable them to manage, monitor and control their condition.
Those wishing to undertake the certificate should be aged 19 or over. You will need to have at least a Level 1 qualification in literacy as you will be expected to write answers for assessment purposes.
|FREE *subject to eligibility checks
|There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria, which will be explained during enrolment.
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit. All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times. This course is available paper-based too on request.
You should be able to work at a Level 1 in Functional Skills.
This is a 16 week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
This qualification is ideal for anyone already working in, or intending to work in, the healthcare sector. It is also suitable for anyone who wishes to further understand a variety of common health conditions they may encounter among people in their care. Carrying out this course demonstrates a willingness to understand how to care for individuals who are living with the effects of common health conditions.
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Understand how to contribute to monitoring the health of individuals affected by health conditions
- Unit 2: Understand cardiovascular disease
- Unit 3: Stroke awareness
- Unit 4: Arthritis awareness
- Unit 5: Understand physical disability
- Unit 6: Parkinson’s disease awareness
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.