Nutrition is the key to a healthy body and mind, and understanding the values of a diet and exercise plan is an important part of maintaining overall well-being.
This nationally recognised qualification explores influential factors such as the principles of healthy eating and weight management. The course also introduces nutrition in the context of eating disorders, and explains how to prepare food safely in a home environment. Whether you want to improve your knowledge around diet and health for personal reasons, or wish to develop your employment opportunities, this course provides a comprehensive understanding of the key topics surrounding nutrition and health.
Students wishing to undertake the certificate should be aged 18 or over.
You will need to have at least a Level 1 qualification in literacy as you will be expected to write answers for assessment purposes.
If this is your first full Level 2 qualification you will be asked to complete a declaration form.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks||There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria, which will be explained during enrolment.|
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit. All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times. This course is available paper-based too on request.
You should be able to work at a Level 1 in Functional Skills.
This is a 16 week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
The qualification is ideal for anyone who wishes to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding diet and health, different forms of nutrition, planning a weight management programme and food safety awareness.
This course is split into six manageable units:
- Unit 1: Explore principles of healthy eating
- Unit 2: Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
- Unit 3: Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
- Unit 4: The principles of weight management
- Unit 5: Understanding eating disorders
- Unit 6: Principles of food safety for the home environment
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed.