Since 1990, the world has lost 178 million hectares of forest. As an estimated 45% of carbon on land is stored in trees and soil, this loss has a serious effect on the earth’s atmosphere. It is more important than ever that everyone has a greater understanding of how they can take sustainable steps to protect the planet.
Our Level 2 Environmental Sustainability course will provide an overview of the principles of sustainable development, communities and energy management, and the social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability. Learners will also look at the principles of waste management and sustainable transport and applying sustainability in their own setting through zero waste.
Students wishing to undertake the certificate should be aged 19 or over. There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
|Study level||Cost||Additional fees|
|19+||FREE *subject to eligibility checks||There are no additional costs if you meet the eligibility criteria, which will be explained during enrolment.|
You will be added to our Equal platform, where you will be able to access all the learning resources and assessments to complete. You will be allocated your own personal tutor who you can contact throughout your studies. You will be required to work through a series of tasks and activities designed to reinforce the learning process and demonstrate your knowledge. Your personal tutor will then assess your work and provide you with constructive feedback for each unit. All of our award-winning learning resources are of the highest quality and are designed to be engaging and interactive to keep you focused on your learning at all times.
You should be able to work at a Level 1 in Functional Skills.
This is a 16 week course that requires your own time management for study. You will be given submission dates to keep you focused on the 16 week timeframe.
This course is aimed at anyone seeking to improve their understanding and awareness of environmental sustainability, either for personal or professional reasons, as well as employers looking for staff training.
It is suitable for learners aged 16 years and above, and develops generic skills and knowledge which are applicable to all sectors.
This course is split into six manageable units, with an optional seventh unit available:
- Principles of sustainable development
- Principles of sustainable communities
- Principles of sustainable energy management
- Social responsibility of businesses in relation to sustainability
- Principles of waste management
- Principles of sustainable transport
- Sustainability applied in own setting (optional)
The benefits for completing this course are:
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Improve your adult social care skills to help you create a long-standing career pathway in your chosen industry
- Courses are delivered as distance learning, allowing you to choose when and where to study
- Personal tutors are assigned to ensure you have the support needed to succeed